Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My gospel


Well I have had such an overwhelming spiritual week that I had to blog. Well as most of you know I am not perfect when I comes to religion and I am too high strung to be that way. (or at least that is how my bishop puts it) Well Bryn has made an awesome decision to get baptised. And to be honest it is one she has made completely on her own. I would like her to wait for the reason that I would like to be getting baptised right now and having the years of bad decision making washed away!!! HA HA I am only kidding. But she is overly excited and is truly aware of the decision she is making. I could not be prouder. She is amazing!!! Bryn has asked my Dad to baptise and confirm her... my Grandpa baptised me (dang I miss him) and so it brings back awesome memories of my special day. Well needless to say Satan has wanted to ruin this day. I do not have to ask her Dad for permission bc I have FULL custody of my kids, but for the sake of trying to make our relationship better I felt the need to not ask but just tell about the decision Bryn had made. He was ok w her getting baptised... Just didn't want my dad to do it. Well who the heck did he think was going to do it? And he threatened to have it stopped by the courts. Well good luck w that!!! Anyways, I've felt unworthy lately bc of bad decisions I had made. But again that is just Satan trying to destroy this day.


Well I have made a big decision myself. I have put back on my garments and am working very diligently to get back to the temple. I haven't told anyone. This is my secret... well was till I decided to blog about it :) I have felt more peace in this secret than I have w any other big decision I have made this year. It has never been the gospel that I didn't believe in, it has been the members. But this is about me and not them! I hope to be to the temple soon and I am thankful for the gospel and especially my Savior. The last couple months we've become very close. I give most of the credit to my children for making me feel this way. They are pure, innocent and love me more than I deserve. And I am blessed to be their mommy. I am thankful for my crappy life everyday! It has humble me and my children. But bonded us for life. How could I not be grateful?

3 comments:

Allie said...

You know that I love you no matter what you are doing in your life, but I do know that the decision to go back to church and the temple will bring you an inner peace. Doesn't mean life will get easier- money will be greater- or ex-husband issues will go away, but I know that it gives an extra sense of peace and contentment in this crazy life. Love ya- Call me when you go back. I'd love to go with ya. And what the heck....I want to go on a girls night out with ya! I went with a few friends this week and it was wonderful! Let's plan one. And one more thing....I thought you were running the Provo 1/2 with me next week! :)

8426 STICKNEY AVE said...

I am so proud of you melissa. It was so good to hear from you. I know you can have true happiness by having the church in your life. I love ya and wish the very best for you

suzy's jewels and gem said...

yeah.. you inspire me! i also have made the decsion to get myself back to church and do all that is right. i miss having the sprirt in my home and with me. baby steps for me... i know i will be happy doing them. dinner and a movie soon k. big hugs~ suz