Saturday, September 6, 2008

Downhill Dash




I just got done running the 8k Downhill Dash..... put on by the "fabulous Alta Peruvian" lodge! Ha ha that's what it's really called. Well an 8k is almost 5 miles and was down Little Cottonwood Canyon. I had a lot of fun!!!!! Tons of fun! But I ran it with 3 people from my running group.... James, Lisa and Daren! Shout out to team "Running on MT!" Well we all started together for about the first 30seconds then James and Daren took off. Well Lisa and I were together till about 1/2 way done and then I had to tie my damn shoe! Ugh! But I finished 40 min and 38 seconds..... and averaged an 8.14 min mile! That for me is awesome!!!!! Well all 4 of us got prizes to our GREAT surprise!!!! Lisa took 1st in our division.... I place 2nd. James took 2nd in his and Daren 3rd in his! We all laughed, but are really glad we did it... we joke that we are and "award winning" team now! Well all the winning does is motivate me to keep racing! I know I am not very fast but I am not doing this at all to compete! But it was really a fun and fast race!!!! GO TEAM!!!!

1 comment:

Meghan Hendrix said...

Congrats on your run! That really is awsome!! I'm sorry you are having such a bad day today. Just try and keep your chin up, everything happens for a reason, we may not be able to understand what that reason is, but that is where out faith comes into play. For some reason this is has happened and you are going to be better because of it!