Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas

I forgot to take any pictures on Christmas. It could have been the 15 hours of sleep that I had had in 5 days, or the fact that I was an absolute grump! I hate that I didn't enjoy this Christmas like I have in the past. But I did have a couple if people that did make my Christmas amazing!!


I have 2 friends that mean a lot to me.... I haven't always liked one of them, but it's ok because she didn't always like me either. :) These 2 are the most unselfish, loving, best people in the world. Last December Jaycee was going through some things that really affected our family, probably me the most because I blamed myself. When it was all said and done, she is fine and so am I. Phew!

These 2 friends helped me last year too...They showed up at my apt with a gift card, stuff to make an AWESOME dinner and treats for the kids. They helped me more that December than anyone else. I love them so much. I tried to thank them, and they told me to "pay it forward" when I could. They knew what it was like for a single mom (they had been raised by one) and they just wanted to help. I honestly don't know if I have ever met more caring people...they expect nothing in return.

Well this November one of them text me and asked if they could be secret Santa’s to my kids. I was shocked! They had already done so much. I then felt guilty that I was such a burden on my friends, but then quickly realized that this was a blessing.

I was expecting a large amount of money from my ex. I got a small portion, but only about 1/5 of what it should have been. I hoped that I would be able to find another way to do Christmas. I was upset that my kid’s dad has never bought them a Christmas present, and that he never would help me out. I knew I could do some, but it wouldn't be a lot. Then that text came and I knew it was an answer to my prayers.

A couple weeks before Christmas my friends stopped by with the gifts. HOLY CRAP there was a lot!!! More than we deserved and more than I expected!!! My kids were thrilled! I was so humbled by their unconditional love for us, and I know times are hard for everyone...but they went overboard!

I am so thankful for these friends. I love them and promise that someday I will "pay it forward".


Here is a portion of the email that they sent me. Thank you again!

We are so glad we CAN do this for you! ____ and I do sub for santa every year and this year we decided we wanted to help out someone we knew. _____ and I know how hard it is for a single mom expecially these days. Just know that it makes us feel good to be able to help out! I know exactly which dolls you are talking about for the girls so we will pick up some things. And we will definitely get the boots. Doug wants to know if you have a Christmas tree because he would love to get you guys a real one this year.

If you can think of anyting else just let me know, otherwise I will just pick up a few extras - and don't you worry about us not having to do this - we want to do this!

1 comment:

Young Family said...

That is amazing. there really are some great people in the world.