Thursday, January 6, 2011

IDK, my BFF Gail?

The week before Christmas I was working a lot, taking care of three kids, and trying to get Christmas bought for my kids. Needless to say I was exhausted! I had just finished up the CRAPPIEST semester of my life, and I didn't pass one of my classes:( I was feeling defeated and blue.

Well apparently one night I was not doing a great job of hiding this and it showed. A sweet lady came through my line at work. I noticed her because she was wearing a hat like Crocodile Dundee and I was almost sure she had a knife in her belt ready to skin a gator. I know I shouldn't have judged her, but I meant no harm...oh and we get ALL kinds at work.

As I was ringing her up she said I look tired. Which I think is a polite way of saying, " You look like crap, but I don't want to hurt your feelings. " Anyways, I explained that I hadn't been sleeping well and that I had just finished up school. She said I should try some lavender on my pillow and that would help me. I politely told her I would try it.

I thought she was sweet for suggesting it to me and really thought I should try it. Well about a half hour later she came back through my line again. As she approached me she had the hugest smile on her face:) She then handed me a small bottle and told me "Merry Christmas!"

It was a bottle from Bath and Body Works....Sleep spray...Lavender Chamomile. I asked her her name. She replied, "Gail Springer." I of course started to cry and gave her a huge hug!!!

I am grateful for small selfless things like this that put me in the Christmas spirit! I am thankful for the kindness of strangers!

I hope Gail had a wonderful Christmas, because she sure made mine!

No comments: