Monday, May 4, 2009

Poor Jaycee




This last Thursday I was at the park watching Bryn play softball. She was having a killer game!! She has gotten so good, and I am so proud of her! Well Jaycee was playing on the playground at the park and she fell off the monkey bars. She was crying, but not too hard. I had her sit by me because Bryn's game was almost over. She sat there for a few minutes and then was off playing again. Well a few minutes later I could not see her and so I walked to the playground to find her. She was sitting in a toddler swing and was crying. I ran over to her and she said she couldn't get out because her wrist hurt. I scooped her out and we finished watching the game. When we got to the car she burst into tears and said it hurt. So I took her to the doctor and she has a buckle fracture. The good thing about this type of fracture is that it can be treated with just a splint. So they splinted it and we went home.



The problem with Jaycee is that she is SNEAKY! The little stinker would not keep her splint on. Even better she bribed her big sissy to help her take it off!!! I have threatened her with her life, but still she has been taking it off. So today I went and had her doctor put a cast on her. She is actually excited because her friends can sign it! She is such a super cutie, and has been a sweetheart through this whole thing. And in 3 weeks she gets it off!

1 comment: