Monday, August 31, 2009

The results are in

Jaycees GI doctor (who I LOVE btw) called 6 minutes earlier than she told me she would...Dang I love her promptness. She said that Jaycee has an infection in her small intestines that has been there for a long time (possibly years). She also has gastrointestinitis (not sure about the spelling). These are treatable by meds, and Jaycee should feel a lot better within a week.

In reading a lot about celiac disease and the benefits from not having gluten in our diets, I am strongly considering going gluten free.

Gluten has been linked to autism, ADHD, and several other diseases. There are no reason we need gluten, and many diets are gluten free. I think I will try it and see if there is any improvement in Jaycee. And possibly I can get the last 15 lbs off!!!

No comments: